The Innovator visa was introduced in April 2019. It replaces the Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa and is aimed at business people with a viable business idea who want to start a business in the UK.
In order to be eligible for an Innovator visa, the following requirements must be met:
- You must set up a business in the UK
- You must have a new idea for a viable business with potential of growth
- You must obtain endorsement for your business from an approved body
- You must have at least £50,000 in investment funds
- You must meet the English Language Requirement
- You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account for consecutive 28 days before you
apply for your visa (you will be exempt from the maintenance requirement if you
have lived in the UK with valid leave for 12 months)
You can form a team with other Innovator applicants but each of you must have £50,000 in investment funds.
An innovator visa is granted for 3 years and can be extended for a further 3 years. It can lead to settlement after 5 years.
How can we assist with your application?
Our expert team of immigration lawyers will represent you in your application. We will prepare and submit your application to the Home Office and ensure that you have submitted all the documents that are required to ensure that your application has the best prospects of success.