Intra Company Visa

Business specialist lawyers navigating immigration law complexities for your business success.

The Intra-Company Transfer Visa option is no longer open for new applicants. Senior manager and specialist employees looking for a intra-company transfer can now opt for the Global Business Mobility – Senior or Specialist Worker Visa instead. This route allows you to come to the UK for employment at your employers UK branch.

Intra Company Visa

In contrast to the Skilled Worker visa category which caters to migrants who have a position on offer from a UK-based employer that cannot be filled by a settled worker, the Intra-company visa category, is for existing employees of multinational organisations, who are required to be transferred by an overseas organisation to a UK entity, which is linked to that overseas organisation by common ownership or control.

There are two categories under which an application for an Intra company transfer can be made:       

  • Intra Company Transfer visa
  • Intra Company Graduate Trainee visa

To qualify for an Intra-company visa, you need to meet the salary and length of service requirement. Applicants must provide evidence that they will earn the required annual salary from their UK employment.

Applicants must provide evidence that they have worked for the employer at their overseas organisation for a prescribed time period:

  • Minimum of 12 months if earning below £73,900 per annum, however, there is
  • No minimum period of employment if salary will be above £73,900 per annum
  • Minimum 3 months if applying as a Graduate Trainee

However, applicants considering this visa route should note that unlike the Skilled Worker visa category, this route does not lead to settlement at the end of the 5-year period.