The UK Spouse Visa allow a non-EEA spouse to enter the UK as the partner of a British or settled person. Contact our UK Spouse Visa specialist lawyers to represent your case.

UK Spouse Visa

The UK Spouse Visa is a type of Family Visa. It is used by partners of British or Irish citizens, persons with indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have settled status, who wish to join, or stay with, their husband or wife in the UK.

Unmarried partners can also apply under the UK Spouse Visa route if they have lived together as a couple for at least 2 years. To be eligible for a UK Spouse Visa you must meet a number of requirements set out by the Home Office, this includes financial requirements as well as providing evidence that your relationship with your partner is genuine and subsisting.

A fiancé, fiancée or proposed civil partner can also apply under this route.

The UK Spouse Visa can lead to indefinite leave to remain or settled status in the UK after 5 years.

Book a free initial consultation to discuss your UK Spouse Visa application with one of our immigration lawyers. Contact our UK Spouse visa lawyers and solicitors on 02072537248 or complete our simple enquiry form to get started. Our London based immigration lawyers will assist and advise you with the most up-to-date law.



Having regularly assisted foreign national Spouses to relocate and settle in the UK with their partners, our Spouse Visa immigration lawyers understand every complexity, we have helped hundreds prepare and submit their UK Spouse Visa applications!

As your Spouse Visa immigration lawyers, we assess your case carefully to determine whether you meet all the Home Office requirements. Depending on your circumstances, in some instances, you may be able to make a Spouse Visa application even if you do not meet all the rules. Some requirements are mandatory, some are exceptionally complex, we will guide you with the latest law, prepare your application, and advise you on what documents should be submitted. Once you have instructed us, we will liaise with the Home Office or UKVI on your behalf.

Whether you need expert immigration advice on the changing Immigration rules for UK Spouse Visas or the qualification criteria for a UK Spouse Visa, our immigration lawyers can help. You can expect dedicated support from approachable Spouse Visa immigration lawyers. We believe in always putting the client first, our advice is always clear, honest and reliable. If you are a British citizen or a settled person in the UK looking to submit a Spouse Visa application, instruct the professional lawyers at Mulgrave Law, we promise exceptional service from the start to the end.

Here are just some of the reasons why clients choose immigration lawyers at Mulgrave Law

Frequently Asked Questions about Spouse Visa Applications

The standard processing time for an application submitted outside the UK is 60 working days. The Home Office provides a priority service of 30 working days for an additional fee. The standard processing time for an application submitted in the UK is 8 weeks. The Home Office provides a priority service of 24 hours and 5 working days for an additional fee. The processing time starts from the date of biometric appointment and is not guaranteed.

Applicants from outside the UK are granted a visa for 33 months and applicants in the UK are granted visa for 30 months.

After completing 5 years on a Spouse visa, you will be eligible to apply for settlement.

There will not be restrictions on your employment or self-employment. You will not have permission to work if you are in the UK as a Fiancée, Fiancé or proposed civil partner.