How can I apply for a UK Spouse Visa?
If you are married to a British citizen or a person with settled status in the UK and you want to join them in the UK, you may be eligible to apply for a UK Spouse Visa.
Here are the steps to apply:
Step 1: Check your eligibility The first step is to check that you meet the eligibility criteria for a UK Spouse Visa. You must be legally married to a British citizen, person with Indefinite Leave to Remain, settled status or pre- settled status in the UK under Appendix EU, and you must intend to live together permanently in the UK. You must also meet the financial requirements and the English language requirements.
Step 2: Gather your documents Once you have confirmed that you are eligible, you will need to gather the required documents for your application. These will include your passport, your marriage certificate, evidence of your relationship, evidence of your finances, proof of sufficient accommodation in the UK and evidence of your English language ability. You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
Step 3: Applications can be made online, either yourself or through a lawyer. You will need to apply online through the UK government’s visa application website. You will need to create an account, fill in the online application form, and pay the application fee. You will also need to book an appointment at a visa application centre to provide your biometric information (fingerprints and a photograph). It is recommended that you seek legal advice before making an application as there maybe other considerations that need to be made, each case is individual.
Step 4: Attend your appointment. At your appointment, you will need to provide your biometric information and submit your supporting documents. You will also need to provide your original passport as part of the biometric appointment process.
Step 5: Wait for a decision Once you have submitted your application, you will need to wait for a decision. The processing time for a UK Spouse Visa application is usually around 12 weeks from overseas and about 8 weeks when applying from within the UK, but it can take longer. You may be asked to attend an interview or provide additional information during the processing of your application.
If your application is approved, you will be issued a visa that will allow you to enter the UK and stay for up to two and a half years. You can then apply to extend your visa if you wish to stay in the UK longer.
Are there any work restrictions for UK Spouse Visa holders?
The Spouse Visa allows you to live and work in the UK for up to two and a half years, with further extending options after this period. However, there are some work restrictions that come with the visa, and it’s important to understand what they are before you apply.
The first thing to note is that you are allowed to work in the UK on a Spouse Visa. You can work in any employment, including self-employment, as long as the job is not on the list of prohibited occupations. The prohibited occupations include jobs such as professional sports-persons, doctors in training, and certain roles in the entertainment industry. It’s worth checking the list of prohibited occupations before you start looking for work to ensure that you don’t waste time applying for jobs you are not eligible for.
There are no restrictions on the number of hours you can work, you can work full-time or part-time. However, there are some restrictions on the type of work you can do. For example, you cannot work as a trainee doctor or dentist, or as a professional sportsperson.
Need Legal help with your application? Choose Mulgrave Law, best immigration lawyers in London.
If you are considering applying for a UK Spouse Visa, Mulgrave Law can help. We are a team of experienced UK immigration solicitors and lawyers who specialise in helping clients navigate the complex UK immigration system. Here are some reasons why we are the right choice to help with your UK Spouse Visa application:
- Expertise and knowledge Our team has extensive knowledge and experience in UK immigration law and regulations. We stay up-to-date with any changes in the law and regulations and can provide guidance on the latest requirements for a UK Spouse Visa.
- Advice on eligibility We can assess your eligibility for a UK Spouse Visa and provide expert advice on how to meet the requirements. We can advise you on the financial requirements and English language requirements, and if there are any issues that could affect your application, we can provide guidance on how to address them.
- Assistance with document preparation We can help you prepare all the necessary documents for your UK Spouse Visa application, ensuring that they are presented in the correct format and that translations are provided where necessary. We will review all your documents to ensure that they meet the Home Office’s requirements.
- Professional representation We can represent you throughout the application process, communicating with the Home Office on your behalf. We can attend any interviews with you and provide support and guidance throughout the process. We will keep you updated on the progress of your application and provide advice on any issues that arise.
- Increased chance of success We have a track record of success in UK Spouse Visa applications. By working with us, you can increase your chances of a successful outcome. We will ensure that your application is completed correctly and that all necessary documents are submitted. We will also be able to address any issues that arise during the process, increasing your chances of success.
- Reduced stress Applying for a UK Spouse Visa can be a stressful process, particularly if you are unsure of the requirements or have concerns about your eligibility. By working with Mulgrave Law, you can take the burden of the application process off your shoulders. We will guide you through the process, ensuring that everything is completed correctly and on time.
We offer a FREE consultation to discuss your UK Spouse Visa application. We can answer any questions you may have and provide guidance on the best course of action. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and get started on your UK Spouse Visa application.
Are you residing in the London, UK and looking for UK spouse visa? Contact us today.
We also provide Best Immigration Lawyers London at very genuine consultation charges.